Veterans Service/Education Benefits

Providing services to Veterans and dependents of Veterans has always been a concern of SUNY Adirondack.  A New York State Veterans Benefits Advisor is available right on campus to work with students who have questions or need assistance in applying for Veteran Educational Benefits.  Students can stop by the Randles Veteran Resource Center for assistance.  Veteran Educational Claims are processed through the Office of the Registrar.

Veteran Services at SUNY Adirondack:

All student Veterans and eligible family members can be assisted with a wide-range of Veteran Services by contacting the New York State Division of Veterans' Services or the campus Veteran Point of Contact.  Additional information can be found via the SUNY Adirondack website at;

Veterans Education Benefits:

Chapter 33* - Post 9/11 G.I. Bill®. The Post-9/11 GI Bill® is for individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a serviceconnected disability after 30 days.  You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.  The Member 4 copy of your DD 214 is required.  This program will pay eligible individual's tuition and fees** directly to the school.  Students will also receive an annual books and supplies stipend of $1,000 paid proportionately based on enrollment.  The program will also pay a monthly housing allowance based on the Basic Allowance for Housing for an E-5 with dependents based on the zip code of the school.  Information on the housing allowance rates can be found at http://www.defense

Chapter 30 - The Montgomery G.I. Bill. This program provides educational benefits to individuals that served on active duty. The Member 4 copy of your DD 214 is required. To apply for this benefit please visit http:/

Chapter 31* - Veteran Readiness and Employment (formerly known as Vocational Rehabilitation). This program is for individuals who have a service connected disability. The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs determines that training and rehabilitation services are needed to overcome an employment barrier.

Veterans should contact the Chapter 31 Case Manager at the VA Medical Center, 113 Holland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208. The Case Manager can be reached by phone at (518)626-5692 or (518)626-5693. Once eligibility has been established, the Case Manager will issue a signed 22-1995, either to the student or to SUNY Adirondack Veterans' School Certifying Official.

Chapter 35 - Dependents Education Assistance Program. This program is for the dependents (spouse or children) of individuals who die or are permanently disabled from service connected causes.

Chapter 1606 and/or 1607 - Montgomery GI Bill®-Selected Reserve. These programs are available to members of the Selected Reserve, including the National Guard. The form DD2384 (NOBE) is required.

*Students receiving these awards will have reduced eligibility for NYS awards, which are intended to cover tuition charges only.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at







The Power of SUNY
Plattsburgh University
Empire State College