Degree Type: AAS
Program Code: CART
Hegis Code: 5404.00
Degree Worksheet PDF: Download
|Recommended First Year|
|1-2||HRD100, HRD100A or HRD110|
|2||CUL131 (See Note 2)|
|2||CUL135 (See Note 3)|
|1||CUL178 (See Note 4)|
|3||ENG102 - ENG110|
|2||CUL133 (See Note 2)|
|2||CUL178 (See Note 4)|
|Recommended Second Year|
|2||Culinary Arts Elective (See Note 5 and 7)|
|3||Mathematics (See Note 6)|
|3||Liberal Arts and Sciences|
|3||BUS102, BUS103, HOS181 or HOS193|
1. In addition to textbook expenses, students in the Culinary Arts program are expected to purchase uniforms ($100+) and a knife set ($300+). Hats and/or hair nets are required by the New York State Health Code. Students will be required to comply with the dress and sanitation requirements of the NYS DOH. Note: The only jewelry permitted in cooking laboratories are wedding rings and waterproof watches. No nail polish or fake nails are allowed in cooking laboratories. No open toe shoes, boots, slippers or heels allowed in cooking laboratories (non-slip shoes and sneakers only). Full uniform attire is required for any food preparation activity in all labs and events at all times.
2. Students must take CUL 131 and CUL 133 in the first academic year but not same semester, either in the fall or spring.
3. CUL 135 must be met in the first academic year either in the fall or spring semester.
4. Students must be enrolled in CUL 127 to register for 1 credit, enrolled in CUL 128 to register for 2 credits and have completed CUL 128 prior to enrolling for 3 credits. Internship site will be set up with instructor approval.
5. CUL 140 (Spring only), CUL 143 Fall only), CUL 146, CUL 148 can be taken after the required prerequisite culinary courses pending on student interests.
6. Paul Smith’s College transfer students: A student must complete six credits of mathematics from Adirondack; MAT 108, MAT 109 or MAT 127 are recommended. Please see an advisor for articulation agreement details.
7. Johnson & Wales transfer students: Students should take CUL 142 and CUL 143 - see advisor for articulation agreement details. SUNY Cobleskill transfer students: Please see an advisor for articulation agreement details.