Quick Guide to Admissions
A. MATRICULATED STUDENT POLICY
A matriculated student is one who has made application to the college, submitted an official high school transcript verifying proof of a high school graduation or a copy of a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or a copy of the Test Accessing Secondary Completion (TASC) and has been formally accepted as a candidate to a degree or certificate program. The student must also attend through the state certification period. Students are required to follow the program curriculum outlined in the catalog for the year they matriculate. A student who does not maintain continuous enrollment (excluding summer and winter terms) will lose the ability to complete course requirements under the catalog year they matriculated. Returning students are required to complete the requirements as listed under the current catalog year.
Who should matriculate?
- All full-time students (12 credits or more).
- All full-time and part-time students who wish to be considered eligible for financial aid.
- All full-time and part-time students who are seeking a degree or certificate.
- All part-time students who have accrued 18 credits and wish to complete a degree or a certificate program.
- Submit the SUNY Adirondack Application for Admission along with your $35 application fee on our website at www.sunyacc.edu. Click on Apply Now.
- Forward an official copy of your high school transcript verifying high school graduation or a copy of the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) or a copy of the General Equivalency Diploma (GED) to the Admissions Office.
- If available, forward SAT/ACT results to the Admissions Office
- If you are facing significant financial hardship, you may request an application fee waiver here.
Accepted Student Days
Once admitted to the College, new students are required to attend an Accepted Student Day. The goal of this program is to provide an intentional first campus experience for new students and their families after acceptance to the college. This program allows students to complete placement testing, orientation, advisement and registration for their first semester classes in one visit to campus. Students register for this program by going to www.sunyacc.edu/admissions-cost/accepted or by contacting the Office of Student Success at 518-832-7708.
Advance Placement steps:
- Send official transcript information from any other college you have previously attended to the Office of the Registrar
- Send official Joint Services Transcript (JST) information documenting recommended military credit to the Office of the Registrar
- Send official score reports for any standardized exams (AP, CLEP, etc.) to the Office of the Registrar
B. NON-MATRICULATED STUDENT POLICY
Non-matriculated students are not eligible to receive financial aid and may attend on a part-time basis only. Non-matriculated students can earn a maximum of 18 credit hours at SUNY Adirondack prior to matriculation. Students nearing the 18 credit hour limit should contact the Admissions Office at (518)743-2264 to learn more about matriculation. Non-matriculated students enrolling in courses with prerequisites are required to show proof of prerequisite completion by submitting copies of their transcripts to the Office of the Registrar.
- Submit a completed Registration Form for New Non-Matriculated Students to the Office of the Registrar
- Submit a Certificate of Residence to the Student Accounts Office within 60 days of the beginning of the semester.
- Submit proof of immunizations as required by relevant NYS Public Health Laws to the Office of the Registrar (students taking less than six semester hours are exempt from this requirement but are strongly encouraged to submit)
- Provide transcript information as evidence of course prerequisite completion to the Office of the Registrar (if applicable)