Veteran's Certification

Veterans' educational benefits are certified through the Registrar's Office. Veterans who wish to use their education benefits should first see a NYS Veteran Benefits Advisor to fill out the proper VA paperwork. Once eligible, contact the Office of the Registrar in Warren Hall to begin the certification process. More details can be found on our website at

In accordance with the Veteran's Benefits and Transition Act of 2018 (Public Law 115-407), eligible GI Bill and Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) students shall provide the college with a certificate of eligibility or valid VAF 28-1905. The college will not impose a penalty, including the assessment of late fees, denial of access to school facilities or require the beneficiary to borrow additional funds, because of delayed VA payments.

The Power of SUNY
Plattsburgh University
Empire State College